Make this awesome watermelon surf wave table centerpiece fruit bowl. It makes the perfect summer themed party food and would also be great at a surfer’s birthday.
1 watermelon – oval or round shaped
Kitchen & paring knives
Green dry-erase marker pen
Brown or raw sugar
Small dolls or beach themed toys
- Rinse and dry the watermelon.
- Cut off 1/4 inch off of one end of the watermelon in order to create a strong base for the carving to stand up on.
- Outline the shape of a wave using the marker pen on one of the top corners of the watermelon. It should be similar to a C shape. Use the image above as a guideline.
- Carefully following your lines, use a knife to cut away the section that we don’t need. Remove all of the red flesh from inside of the carving, saving it to use in the fruit salad filling.
- Cover a serving tray with brown sugar to imitate sand and then place the carving on top. Finally fill it with your fresh fruit salad and decorate as you desire with beach themed toys.