This beautiful carved watermelon southwest salsa bowl will heat up the best of dinner parties. The flame design carving is a great idea for mexican themed party food.
1 seedless watermelon – round
1 green dry erase marker pen
Utility knife or carving knife
Fire & Ice Salsa
For garnish: chips, jalapenos, cilantro and lime
- Take a round watermelon, preferable seedless.
- Rinse under cool water and thoroughly dry.
- Mark the flame design using your erasable marker pen about 1/3rd of the way down.
- Carefully use a small utility knife to cut out the design and remove the top section.
- Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to hollow out the watermelon.
- Using some of the rind from the top section that we removed, draw and cut out a lizard shape.
- Take your preferred salsa and fill the bowl.
- Take chips, jalapenos, cilantro, and lime to garnish.