This watermelon sailboat carving complete with waves and dolphins will make a classy alternative to a fruit assortment and by following these simple instructions is easy to make.
1 long seeded or seedless watermelon
Chef and paring knives
Green dry erase marker pen
Dolphin or fish shaped cookie cutters
Honeydew and cantaloupe for the fruit salad
- After washing your watermelon, cut off 1/4″ from one side of the melon to create a solid base.
- Use your marker pen to draw the edge of the boat. .
- Use a knife to carefully cut along the line you marked.
- Use some of the removed green rind to draw and cut out the ships wheel.
- Use some of the remaining excess rind to cut out wave and dolphin shapes.
- Fill the boat with balls of watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew made using a melon baller. Insert a skewer and using elastic bands attach a sail.
- Use toothpicks to secure the ships wheel into place.
- Surround the carving with cut out fruit fish, dolphins and waves.