Fruit arrangements don’t get more elegant than this carved watermelon Ribbon Basket that makes a great centerpiece or could even be given as a creative homemade gift.
1 Symmetrical Watermelon
Pencil or marker
- Take a symmetrical watermelon and slice a small amount from the bottom to that is sits steadily.
- Draw a line, roughly in the middle that will represent the edge of the basket.
- Using the photo above for guidance draw in the handle that goes diagonally across the top.
- Mark in the bow design and allow the loop of the bow to meet the edge of the basket.
- Carefully cut around your bow design, removing the unwanted rind.
- Hollow out the basket but leave a thin layer of red flesh.
- Drain any juices from inside the basket and fill with seasonal fruit salad.