Ideal for a children’s birthday party is this adorable watermelon rabbit arrangement centerpiece. It will look great on the table and the kid’s wont be able to stop themselves from digging in to the delicious fresh fruit.
1 Watermelon – long
Sharp pencil or marker pen
1 small knife
- Take an oblong watermelon and cut about 1/4″ off one of the long sides to make a steady base.
- With your pencil or marker pen draw the outline of the ears and the top section that will be cut out. (Use the image above as a reference).
- Cut along your lines with a sharp knife and remove the section, keeping it to use later for the whiskers and tail.
- Remove the flesh from inside of the rabbit.
- Using some of the white rind that we removed previously cut out 6 thin strips to use as whiskers.
- Cut out shallow scoops with the melon baller to create holes for the eyes and nose. Put pieces of fruit in the holes and secure with toothpicks.
- Cut out a rectangular shape for the two teeth but leave them attached to the watermelon by the top edge. Mark a line down the middle to divide it into two teeth.
- Secure the whiskers in place.
- Fill with delicious mixed fruit salad.