This beautiful watermelon heart basket would be perfect for a romantic occasion but would also make a great centerpiece at a dinner. Filled with delicious fresh fruits it’s healthy as well as sweet.
1 watermelon – any shape or size
Knife or decorating tool
A handful of toothpicks
- As the watermelon is only really needed for the basket, any shape or size will work.
- Create a sturdy base by cutting a slice about 1/4″ thick from one of the sides.
- Use a pencil or dry erase marker pen to draw the curved or heart shape edges of the basket as you can see in the picture and note that their is a handle going from one side to the other in the middle.
- Carefully use a knife to cut out your marked lines.
- Once you have removed the rind from the top, continue to hollow out the basket, taking care under the handle.
- From the left over rind cut out hearts and any other shapes you desire and attach them to the handle using toothpicks.
- Fill the basket with the fruit salad of your preference.