Great for a football party or birthday party of a football fan is this creative watermelon football helmet. It makes a great container for a delicious fruit salad.
1 Round Watermelon
Sharp Pencil or thin marker
- Take a round watermelon and cut off one end approximately 4 inches thick.
- To make the face section of the helmet cut a square shape with rounded corners as you can see in the picture above and then remove all flesh from inside.
- Take the end piece that you cut off previously and slice off the very top containing the stem and discard.
- Take the section you are left with and cut in half so you have semi-circle. Cut out any red flesh and with a small knife cut out the gird design in the rind.
- First of all place the mouth piece on a plate and then rest the helmet on top towards the back.
- Fill the entire helmet with fruit salad of preference.