This is a truly amazing fruit assortment centerpiece that is sure to get some attention from friends and family. The watermelon flowering garden looks great and will taste great too.
1 Watermelon- as long as possible
Cookie cutters in flower shapes
Around 15 skewers
Between 40-50 Popsicle sticks
A handful of toothpicks
Hot glue gun
Green food coloring and pipe cleaners (optional)
- Rinse and dry your fruit. Cut off about 1/4 inch slice from one of the long sides of the watermelon to create a sturdy base. Next cut off the top 3rd of the watermelon so you are left with a base that will become the flower bed.
- Remove the flesh from both sections trying to remove the pieces in slices. You will then be able to use the cookie cutters to create flower shapes. Also create flowers using the flesh of the pineapple.
- Next take your wooden skewers and green food coloring. Allow the skewers to soak in the dye and then remove and leave on a paper towel to dry.
- Using your melon scoop, create small balls out of your fruit and attach them to the flowers to make the center. A red center with yellow petals and vice versa looks great and feel free to use other fruits for a greater color variety. Now secure the flower onto the top of the skewer and secure the skewer into the garden bed base. Make as many flowers as you like and arrange them on the base.
- Cut out the rest of your fruit into flowers or other shapes that you like and use it to fill the flower bed.
- Being very careful, take the hot glue gun and use it to attach popsicle sticks around the outside of the watermelon to create a garden fence design. Use the images above as a reference.