Impress you friends and family with this carved watermelon baby carriage. It makes a creative edible gift or the perfect centerpiece for a baby shower or new baby party.
Watermelon – medium size
Handful of toothpicks
- Take a watermelon, both oblong and round melons will be suitable for the baby carriage.
- From one side cut off about 1/4 inch to create a flat base.
- Using the image above as a reference, draw the zig zag edges of the carriage.
- Use a knife to cut out the section you have drawn.
- From the rind you remove draw and cut out the shape of the handle.
- Remove the flesh from inside and use toothpicks to secure the handle in place at the back of the carriage.
- Cut slices of orange to use as wheels and pieces of strawberry to use as hubcaps.
- Finally fill the carving with delicious fresh fruit salad.