This watermelon keg will make a brilliant addition to any party and you will definitely have your friends admiring it. Its very easy to do, just follow these simple instructions.
1 medium-large watermelon – oval shaped
Green dry erase marker pen
Channel knife or the top of a vegetable peeler
Spigot (from beer making supply company)
Watermelon juice or punch recipe
- Wash and dry the watermelon.
- Place the watermelon on its side and cut off either end. One end only cut about 1/4″. Just enough to make a solid base but not enough to cut through the white rind and allow for leakage.
- Use your marker pen to draw in the metal bands that go around the keg at the top and the bottom and then use a channel knife to carve in these lines.
- Remove the flesh from inside the keg leaving a couple of inches at the bottom where the spigot will be screwed in.
- With the apple corer make a hole that the spigot will be pushed through. Screw the spigot in to make sire it is tight and secure. .
- Put the barrel on a plate or platter and fill with your favorite chilled punch.